Thursday, December 01, 2005

Missing in Action (M.I.A.)

Eyes closed
Daylight or night
She's not here
Crazy
Her scent's just breezed by
Hazy
I kinda see her lie
Looking, Yearning
Blowing kisses
My heart's drumming
Pulsating
Look who's next to her
Fuck this, I'm not imagining
Yet she's not here

Girl, you're not here
But you send senseless quivers
Thru my mind's eye
Same place I see
The flash
Me seeing
The radiant smile
Pursuing
Those soulful eyes
Still the first time
Laughing
At my stupid jokes
And giggling turning into mingling
And tangling
Ah! Satisfying

But I feel you're not here
Foolish assed me
Not being there
When your warmth
Beckoned
Dumb assed me
Confused
By the fact
That our connection
Blossomed

But when you get here
I won't stop
Seeing
What you mean to me
Believing
That you being here
Is not just an
Illusion
Foolish assed me
Won't shut these eyes
Or let
Some other nigga unleash
Mad surprise

Coz I will be here
Eyes closed
In a realistic dream
Feeling
You back here
Arms
Somewhere where they belong
Knowing
You're back here

Currently Listening to:
Never Been in Love - Talib Kweli
Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
Closer - Slum Village ft. Dwele

3 Comments:

Blogger spicebear said...

was feeling this one-especially if i put him i all the right places. keep posting, i like what i see so far. and i love "never been in love" by talib kweli ... now i'm just giddy!

01 December, 2005 18:23  
Blogger gishungwa said...

this poem struck a great chord in me. see 4 me its about someone i love and dont appreciate until they are away then i realize how much they mean to me. when they do get back i will not let them get out of my sight nor let them forget how much they mean to me. great post be back for more.

02 December, 2005 13:36  
Blogger Ms K said...

I know who you are!!!! I don't believe this. I need to drop something in your inbox? What it be?

02 December, 2005 17:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home